Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA)

Through HOPWA, PALSS can assist low-income persons living with HIV with their housing needs. HOPWA services help people living with HIV to get into permanent housing and to stay in that housing. HOPWA provides assistance for short-term rent payments, mortgage payments, and utility payments to help prevent persons from becoming homeless.

In the Columbia area, HOPWA provides vouchers through the Columbia Cares Housing Assistance Program (CCHAP). CCHAP can provide long-term rental assistance, and prevent persons from becoming homeless by subsidizing a portion of their rent each month. The program is administered by the Columbia Housing Authority.

For more information about HOPWA and other housing-related questions, contact the HOPWA Program Manager at 803-779-7257.

Skip to content