Your Results, Your Way. No Wait, No Blood, No Problem
The first step to protecting yourself and your contacts against HIV is to get tested.
Now, that step is easier than ever with free at-home testing available to South Carolina residents.
What is an HIV self-test?
An HIV self-test (or rapid self-test) is an antibody test that can be used at home or in a private location. With an HIV self-test, you can get your test results within 20 minutes.
To request a At Home Testing Kit, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a South Carolina resident
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Have not ordered a Home Testing Kit in the past 90 days
To process your request, you must provide:
Contact information (including a working cellphone with the ability to text and/or a working email address)
This information will be used to send you a home testing kit and provide you with shipping information. Without this information we will not be able to process your request.
How do I use an At Home HIV self-test?
- Always read the instructions included in the test kit before you start.
- For an At-Home HIV self-test, you must swab your gums to collect an oral fluid sample and then test your sample.
- Your results will be ready within 20 minutes.
- If you don’t follow the directions as described, the test may not work. There is a phone number included with the At Home HIV self-test, if you need help using the test.
- You should always interpret At-Home HIV self-test results according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If the At-Home HIV self-test is invalid, then the test did not work. You will need to use another At-Home HIV self-test, or contact us at 803-779-7257.
Order a Kit
To order a At Home Testing Kit, click the button below and complete the survey or call 803-779-7257 to complete the survey.
All survey responses are confidential, and the information you provide is ONLY used to evaluate and improve this program.
This survey should take no longer than 5 minutes.